Our CTO (Luke Cole) previously worked for Hemisphere GPS (orginally called BEELINE, and now bought out by AgJunction) as a "Robotics Engineer" implementing auto-guidance solutions for various quadbikes and agriculture tractors that was used by 100's of vehicles around the world.
For 10 years, starting as a teenager in 1998 - Luke Cole has also worked for leading research institutes and companies such as NICTA (now called CSIRO Data61), CSIRO, Seeing Machines and ANU Robotics System Lab (lead by Alex Zelinsky, who received a rare prestigious AO award in 2017 and was Defence Scientist of Australia from 2012 for 6 years). Luke's work included various autonomous mobile robot projects, involving computer vision, and even a self-driving car early 2000's. Back then OpenCV and ROS didn't exist, so we did a "roll-your-own" called VisLib and DROS comprised of 364,578 lines of code.
Lance Cole has also worked at NICTA and has a background of various hardware development, such as working for a contract company to the US millary (EOS), building the Common Remotely Operated Weapon Station (CROWS).
We have a combined 50 years of extensive experience with Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV's). Including cars, tractors, quadbikes and other custom ground-based vehicles.
COLETEK's team all has a background in vehicle automation, which have built a wide range of skills and technologies such as:
These technologies can be used for various applications such as:
During the early history of the area, Bowen Hills became a farm where experimental planting of rice was undertaken unsuccessfully. From the 1880s on, the area was sub-divided and closer settlement took place, including the development of industry.
In 1883 the tramline was extended to the Breakfast Creek Bridge and the Exhibition Building on the corner of Gregory Terrace. The first tram to the area ran in 1885.
Bowen Hills continued to develop as a mix of residential and light industrial areas. Significant new features included the development of the Mayne Railway Yard in 1911, which necessitated the purchase of forty-eight acres [19.4 hectares] of land and extensive levelling of the hillside at Albert Park, and Mayne and Abbotsford roads.
The old museum building on the corner of Bowen Bridge Road and Gregory Terrace was designed and built as an exhibition hall in 1891 and later converted to a museum. The building is now protected by heritage legislation.
'Miegunyah' is the home of the Queensland Women's Historical Association. William Perry, who was a successful ironmonger and merchant, originally built 'Miegunyah' in 1885. In 1967 the Queensland Women's Historical Association bought the building, saving it from demolition.